GREEN FOOLS THEATRE BOARD
Make a difference
Are you passionate about the arts, helping children and giving back to your community?
Green Fools Theatre is currently seeking NEW VOLUNTEER BOARD MEMBERS for various positions.
Our Purpose Statement:
We exist to create a safe place for people to better themselves, achieve more and inspire awe!
Our core values are:
Community & Inclusion
Our Vision: A wonderous world that ignites possibilities through exceptional creativity.
Green Fools is a charitable organization that develops, creates, teaches, and promotes the arts of mask, puppetry, circus, clown, and physical theatre. We create socially empowering work with our theatre creations. We offer workshops to schools and community organizations, and we provide free Social Circus outreach programs for at-risk, indigenous, new immigrant, and refugee youth. We aspire to be a supportive, productive environment in which diverse children, artists, audiences, and participants can be inspired, grow, create, and evolve.
We are growing quickly and are looking for individuals who have relevant skills and interests to aid the organization through this meaningful growth period by ensuring proper governance, quality strategic planning and risk management. Board members are expected to actively contribute to the organization, with their time and skills. Participating on the GFT board of directors offers an opportunity to develop and demonstrate your leadership, strategic thinking and make a difference in the lives of our city’s youth.
5-8 hours per month
A 2-year term with a max of 3 terms served. Directors are elected by existing board members.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Contribution:
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs, including the approval of the annual budget
- Preparation and participation in all scheduled Board meetings
- Participation in committee work if applicable
- Assist in sourcing new donor relationships
- Attendance at shows and fundraising events
- Promote and communicate GFT purpose, vision,activities, services and needs to the community
- Leverage personal skills, abilities, and networks to advance the organization’s mission
- Support the onboarding of new Board Members
Skilled individuals, and experience requested:
- Fund Development
- Prior volunteer Board experience
- As with typical not-for-profit directorships, we do not provide remuneration to directors.
How To Apply:
Please submit your CV, and a short answer to the following:
- Why would you like to join the GFT Board?
- What skills and you able to share with GFT?
- What role you are interested in? President, VP, Secretary, Treasurer, or General Director