GREEN FOOLS THEATRE BOARD
Make a difference
Are you passionate about the arts, helping children and giving back to your community?
Green Fools Theatre is currently seeking NEW VOLUNTEER BOARD MEMBERS in various positions.
We are growing quickly and need help from individuals who have relevant skills and interests to aid the organization through this meaningful growth period by ensuring proper governance, quality strategic planning and risk management. Board members are expected to actively contribute to the organization, with their time and skills and help the company to raise funds, whether that be ticket sales to events or leveraging personal network connections for fundraising opportunities. Participating on the GFT board of directors offers an opportunity to develop and demonstrate your leadership, strategic thinking and make a difference in the lives of our city’s youth.
3-5 hours per month
- Directors are elected by existing board members for a 1 year term with the option to renew.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Preparation and participation in all scheduled Board meetings
- Participation in committee work if applicable
- Assist in sourcing new donors
- Attendance at shows and fundraising events
- Promote and communicate GFT mission, activities, services and needs to the community
- Leverage personal skills, abilities, and networks to advance the organization’s mission
- Support the onboarding of new Board Members
- Understand and monitor the organization’s financial affairs, including the approval of the annual budget
Professional Experience and Skills:
- Event planning
- Risk management / strategic planning
- Educators, social workers, healthcare
- Prior volunteer Board experience
- Proof of vaccination
As with typical not-for-profit directorships, we do not provide remuneration to directors
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV and a short answer to the following:
- Why would you like to join the Green Fools Theatre Society Board of Directors?
- The role on the board that you are interested in, Secretary, Treasurer, or General Board Director.
Submit to email@example.com